RE: FU word implication [stay-at-home dad?]

Subject: RE: FU word implication [stay-at-home dad?]
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com>
To: "Humbird, Len" <len -dot- humbird -at- intel -dot- com>, "'Marilynne Smith'" <marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 14:55:34 -0700

At 04:09 PM 9/15/00 -0700, Humbird, Len wrote:

> [...]

This term "stay-at-home mom" doesn't work with me. When I was doing
contract work from home, I certainly didn't call myself a "stay-at-home
dad," mostly because it completely missed the point of describing how I
spent my time during business hours.

My "job" was raising our children. You had another job in addition to staying home. Raising children is not a job for wimps. If you raised children and worked at home as well, you were a very busy person.

Marilynne
Marilynne Smith
Sr. Technical Writer
QUALCOMM