RE: Tech writers in India (was Re: Need urgent help)

Subject: RE: Tech writers in India (was Re: Need urgent help)
From: "Maggie Secara" <maggiros -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: SSrikonda -at- invlink -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 10:55:32 PDT

So don't tell them what you're making now. Tell them what kind of salary or rate you expect to get in India.

Cheers,

Maggie Secara

"Wouldn't it be wondrous if perfectly
commonplace people gave each other a round
of applause at the end of the day?"

Oh and yes, The Elizabethan World is still at http://ren.dm.net

From: Sanjay Srikonda <SSrikonda -at- invlink -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 08:53:29 -0400

thanks for the information, unfortunately, the idea that Indian MNCs or
otherwise, are hiring US based TWs whether they be of Indian descent or not
has NOT been my experience.

I've gotten quite a few responses from Indians IN India claiming that the
job market is great for TWs there. Unfortunately, it IS NOT so for those of
us wishing to RETURN there to work. Companies see what I'm making now here
and immediately assume that I'm out of their price range and just aren't
willing to consider me as a viable candidate since I'm not IN India.

But, thank you for your insights.