how to effectively adjust size and use fill tool in Capture Profe ssional v4?

Subject: how to effectively adjust size and use fill tool in Capture Profe ssional v4?
From: "Cummings, Elizabeth" <CummEl -at- ncs -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 11:36:12 -0500

Hi. Anyone out there know the ins and outs of editing images in Capture
Professional v4? I am new to this application--accustomed to Print Shop
Pro, which is on order--and would appreciate direction:

adjusting the size of an image
I took a screen shot that is full size (fits screen dimensions). I want to
resize it to about a fourth of that size. If I go to Operations | Adjust
Size..., I cut off the screens borders, which is not the end of the world,
but I'd like to keep the integrity of the screen shot intact, if possible (I
was able to do this in Paint Shop Pro, but it's been so long that I've
forgotten how.). If I go to Operations | Resize..., I warp the look of the
page (I lack spacial relations skills big time.).

using fill tool so no original background color remains
I'm creating callouts on a screen shot. If there is an orthodox way of
doing this, please clue me in, because I've had no formal training with
graphics manipulation. I've simply been creating a text box, typing in the
info, boxing in the text box with a hollow image, and using the fill tool to
fill in the box of info with a yellow color so that the user's eye will be
quickly drawn to it. The problem I'm encountering is that the fill tool
doesn't fill in the loops of letters (e.g., o, lowercase e, lowercase g,
etc.). As a result, the original screen's background color (in this case, a
glaring white) shows through. It's true that I can touch up these "holes",
but I don't want to waste my time doing this if there's another way.

Thanks for your input.
Elizabeth