problem with excessively large FrameMaker filles....any solutions???

Subject: problem with excessively large FrameMaker filles....any solutions???
From: "Michael Little" <mlittle -at- inlogik -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 08:07:31 +1000

"I have a Framemaker6 document that is 21 pages long, and has screen-shots
in *.png format (x 35). I use Corel Draw 9 to capture the screen shots.

When I download them using the "Copy into document" option, it sized to 33M.
With the "Import by reference" option it sized to 11M. However, the 33M
document is much faster to work on than the 11M version. Also, when I
attempt to generate a TOC plus Index for the book where the document in
question resides (33M), the process ends prematurely with a message saying
something to the effect that the document in question is just too large.
Doing the same for the 11M version, there are no problems.

Could someone please advise me on my dilemma asap? My PC is running on a
Pentium III, approx. 160M of RAM, a 10G hard disk, with Windows 98."

[Michael
ittle] --------------------------------------------------------------------
---
Technical Publications Team