Re: Learning UNIX

Subject: Re: Learning UNIX
From: "Tim Altom" <taltom -at- simplywritten -dot- com>
To: "Alicia Robinson" <AROBINSO -at- altera -dot- com>, "TechDoc List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 19:02:06 -0500

You might consider not loading Unix at all, but getting a free shell
account. There are several sites that offer them. You telnet in (which is
easy to do) and the account is yours to command. You won't be able to do any
admin stuff, but right now you should be learning the user commands, not the
system ones.

You can find several places that offer free accounts at
http://www.instinct.org/shells/

My favorite is Grex at http://www.cyberspace.com

Tim Altom
Simply Written, Inc.
Featuring FrameMaker and the Clustar(TM) System
"Better communication is a service to mankind."
317.562.9298
Check our Web site for the upcoming Clustar class info
http://www.simplywritten.com