Document Management Systems

Subject: Document Management Systems
From: "Stephen C. Gillespie" <sgillespie -at- fedex -dot- com>
To: techwr-l <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 08:18:59 -0500

Can anyone recommend a scalable, 'works with FrameMaker'
document/content management system, that WON'T cost a small fortune?

We already got burned for a couple grand on the (now obsolete)
"AuthorAssistant" software, formerly by Tier2 ... it simply would never
allow us to check in referenced graphics!

FedEx already uses Documentum (in the Frame+SGML part of the company),
but seems to be overkill, and we're leary of any such 'enterprise-wide'
sys that we don't/won't have much local control over.

Steve Gillespie
Sr Tech Writer
Ground Operations Policy Analysis
FedEx Express