Monitor Calibration

Subject: Monitor Calibration
From: "Shannon Morris" <shannon -dot- morris -at- gen21 -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 08:37:08 -0600

Recently, I printed a copy of my manual to our color Xerox Documentor. When
I looked at the copies I realized that my monitor needs to be calibrated. I
spoke to the MIS guys and they didn't seem to have much info on this. They
did say that the Documentor produces better quality from a Mac. I am on a
PC and there I will stay (happily).
Has anyone calibrated there monitor and/or can suggest how to go about doing
it?

I checked out a few web sites but nothing concrete. Many suggest using
Adobe Photoshop's Gamma Control, has this worked for others?
Thanks in advance.

Shannon Morris
Sr. Technical Writer
Generation21 Learning Systems