Re: Monitor Calibration

Subject: Re: Monitor Calibration
From: Barry Kieffer <bkieffer -at- ims -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 08:36:00 -0700 (PDT)

Shannon,
Monitors can only be calibrated by a certified monitor colorist. This process is
quite expensive (depending where you live). I have only had my monitor
calibrated once, when I had the oil changed.

> From: "Shannon Morris" <shannon -dot- morris -at- gen21 -dot- com>
> Recently, I printed a copy of my manual to our color Xerox Documentor. When
> I looked at the copies I realized that my monitor needs to be calibrated. I
> spoke to the MIS guys and they didn't seem to have much info on this.

But I bet they smiled nicely at you when you asked...

> They
> did say that the Documentor produces better quality from a Mac.

This is true. Monitors fitted for use with Windows computers do not have the
clarity and rich color that Macintosh has been able to create. That is why most
Macintosh computers now come in bright fancy colors, where Windows computers are
still beige.

> Has anyone calibrated there monitor and/or can suggest how to go about doing
> it?

I can do it for you using the Internet for about $150 US.

Regards,

Barry Kieffer
Monitor Calibrator
Windows Computer Exorcist