HELP: WinHelp/Win98 crisis

Subject: HELP: WinHelp/Win98 crisis
From: "Jane Bergen" <jane -dot- bergen -at- usa -dot- net>
To: "Techwr-L List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 11:36:09 -0500

We're having a real problem with our help files on Windows 98.The 16-bit
application I'm documenting has several .exe modules, each with its own
hlp file. It runs on any Windows platform. I have set up the project to
include all help files so that the users can see a single TOC container.
I'm using the RoboHelp (v. 2000) option for "WinHelp Compatibility Wizard"
to get the TOC container at all.

I've looked at the eHelp Knowledge Base but can't find this problem
addressed:

On Windows NT 4.0, the user sees a CONTENTS button and a HELP TOPICS
button. The CONTENTS button opens the Contents *topic* and the Help Topics
button opens the container with the expandable TOC. So far, so good.

On Windows 98, the user sees a CONTENTS button, but does *not* see a HELP
TOPICS button. When the user clicks the CONTENTS button, the TOC container
opens, but it has the entire TOC repeated over and over and over....!! I
assume that for every "included" help file, it's repeating the entire TOC.
When I look at the CNT file with Notepad, it looks okay so I'm assuming
it's something screwy going on with the container.

Any ideas? Thanks for any attempts...

Jane Bergen
jane -dot- bergen -at- usa -dot- net