Corporate Profiles

Subject: Corporate Profiles
From: "R A Downey" <rdowney -at- Matrox -dot- COM>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 12:38:41 -0400

Good afternoon Tech-Whirlers.
Help.
There - that's pretty simple, now on to the explanation:

My company's corporate profile needs updating, and I've been asked to do it.
While I have written marketing copy before (yes I write both marketing copy
and technical manuals), I've never done something quite so...prominent.
And so I turn to you for help.

From my web-research, a corporate profile has to cover at least the
following points:

* Company mission statement (what we are aiming/striving to do)
* Company history (what we have done in the past)
- this includes mention of any product that has won awards, sold incredibly
well, etc.etc.

Anything else?

Just to make things complicated - my company is the smallest division within
a larger company.
I would like to write up our profile without relying heavily on the parent
company's profile -
is that wrong? The Parent company has over 300 best-of-breed awards, our
division has 5. The Parent company is a multi-million dollar company - our
division is not.

Samples on-line have headings like:
Research and Development
Unique Product Philosophy
Worldwide partnerships
Division History
Mission Statement
Awarded-Winning Technology
Corporate Culture
Corporate Headquarters

Any advice, links to how to write corporate profiles, horror stories or any
thing else would be greatly appreciated.
I will gladly post a summary.
BTW - an archive search resulted in 4 matches to this topic, none of which
dealt with "how" to write a corporate profile.

Thank you for your time
---
Rebecca Downey
Matrox Networks