Re: Building index files in Frame

Subject: Re: Building index files in Frame
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: Brian Lindgren <Brian_Lindgren -at- hotmail -dot- com>, techwr-l digest recipients <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 10:49:40 -0700

Brian Lindgren wrote:

> In most *word processing* type programs (or at least in Word and
> WordPerfect), it is possible to build an index by developing a concordance
> file containing all the words you'd like to appear in the index. Generally,
> I find the use of the concordance file more effective than going through the
> documents and flagging/marking the terms that need to appear.
>
> From what I've been able to determine, there is nothing like a concordance
> file in Frame, but the only way is to manually flag all the would-be index
> terms.

Do a web search for IXgen from Frank Stearns and Associates. It's
an editor for markers, and includes a tool for creating an index
using key words, as well as many other useful tools. The last
time I checked, the price was about $200. It saves so much time
that I consider it essential for any work with Frame.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
Contributing Editor, Maximum Linux

"But why ask questions now, and yet there's no denying
There's emptiness in heart and soul
When someone's been deceived."
- Eileen McGann, "Westminster Bridge"