Re: Monitor Calibration

Subject: Re: Monitor Calibration
From: "Dick Margulis" <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, Annamaria Profit <inteltek -at- erols -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 14:08:03 -0400

Annamaria Profit wrote:

>Now let me offer another choice! what about purchasing "full-spectrum
>light" lightbulbs.

Annamaria, your solution is expensive (and, while pleasant, maybe less satisfying than Barry's 40-50% alcohol by volume solution). But it is only partial. Real documents are read in varying light conditions, and paper documents are never going to match what is on your monitor. So why not just print the darned thing and look at it to decide if you need to adjust colors.

Where daylight bulbs come into play is in pre-press. I think those of us in pre-laser-printer can forego the luxury.

Dick

Dick