Re: Learning UNIX

Subject: Re: Learning UNIX
From: Sandy Harris <sandy -at- storm -dot- ca>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 16:36:39 -0400

Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- jci -dot- com wrote:

> I'd also take issue with how much easier Linux shells are than DOS; it's
> about a dead heat AFAICS.

They're certainly more powerful, and in many ways a cleaner design.

> ... The documentation ranges from quite well done to huh? to non-existent.

I wonder where you (or others) rate my stuff?
http://www.freeswan.org/doc.html

Linux Documentation Project www.linuxdoc.org

> ... Anyone out there looking for some Pro Bono work to puff a
> resume? Hear that? It might just be your cue. And Linux, being hot, is
> driving several magazines on the newstands right now, so it might just be
> more Pro than Bono. ;{>}

Open Source Writers' Group at www.oswg.org post both writers' resumes and
projects' wishlists, try to act as matchmakers. They also run a mailing
list, currently not very active.