web authoring questions (dhtml v. javascript)

Subject: web authoring questions (dhtml v. javascript)
From: "Cayenne Woods"<cwoods -at- purplevoice -dot- com>
To: <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 11:03:57 GMT

Hello all

Query on Web authoring solutions, 'cos there's nowhere else I can find to ask.
If folks have suggestions of where else to ask this, I'd appreciate that as
well.
I want to create a navigation bar with dropdown menus on our intranet, and I
want the dropdown menus to be links to parts of that section (so you can choose
the sub-section you want easily, without going to a separate page and then
choosing links there.)

There seem to be two ways of doing this, with dhtml being more frequently
mentioned. My main question is, what are the advantages/disadvantages of these
two methods? The dhtml method seems like less code, possibly, and maybe easier.

Also, presumably this has to be done with boxes and text described in the code,
rather than images? Looks like you can't have an image map with dhtml or
javascript inside it.

thanks for any help

btw, Never got any feedback on my query on Word macros, fields, and auto-text,
so I assume it's one of those fuzzy areas. Will post if I do learn more.

Cayenne

This communication contains information which is confidential
and may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s). Please note that any distribution, copying
or use of this communication, or the information in it, is strictly
please notify us by email or by telephone (+44 20 8848 6644)
and then delete the email and any copies of it.

This communication is from Purple Voice Ltd., whose principal
office is at Dawley Road, Hayes, Middlesex, England.

checked for the presence of computer viruses.