Re: web authoring questions (dhtml v. javascript)

Subject: Re: web authoring questions (dhtml v. javascript)
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch>
To: "Cayenne Woods"<cwoods -at- purplevoice -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 13:54:47 +0200

Cayenne,

There seem to be two ways of doing this, with dhtml being more frequently....

And what is the other method you want it to have compared to?

Also, how did you come to the conclusion that imagemaps would not work with DHTML or JavaScript?

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering
Low Paper workflows, Smart documents, PDF forms
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch
http://www.prodok.ch

[ Building Bridges for Information ]

______________________

Query on Web authoring solutions, 'cos there's nowhere else I can find to ask.
If folks have suggestions of where else to ask this, I'd appreciate that as
well.
I want to create a navigation bar with dropdown menus on our intranet, and I
want the dropdown menus to be links to parts of that section (so you can choose
the sub-section you want easily, without going to a separate page and then
choosing links there.)

There seem to be two ways of doing this, with dhtml being more frequently
mentioned. My main question is, what are the advantages/disadvantages of these
two methods? The dhtml method seems like less code, possibly, and maybe easier.

Also, presumably this has to be done with boxes and text described in the code,
rather than images? Looks like you can't have an image map with dhtml or
javascript inside it.