Tools: ThirdVoice, a clarification

Subject: Tools: ThirdVoice, a clarification
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "Techwr-L (E-mail)" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 10:04:13 -0400

Just occurred to me that based on my description, ThirdVoice might be seen
as a hacker's tool for cracking a site, adding comment code, and leaving
without a trace. Not so. My very limited understanding of the product is
that when you annotate a site, the client browser software (what you're
using on your computer) sends the annotation to a ThirdVoice server, and
that when you inspect a site using the client browser, it contacts the
ThirdVoice server, sends it the URL of the site you're inspecting, and
returns any comments on that URL that are stored at ThirdVoice.

Thought that might be an important clarification. <g>

geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

"I don't necessarily believe everything I say."--Marshall McLuhan