Re: implementation of a hackos book

Subject: Re: implementation of a hackos book
From: "Jane Bergen" <jane -dot- bergen -at- usa -dot- net>
To: "Nancy Johnson" <NancyJ -at- photoworks -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 14:35:56 -0500

Not sure which book you're looking for.... which one is "it"?

The Hackos book is on Amazon, I just checked. It ships in 24 hours. To
find it, use the Amazon search engine, look under "Books" with the
author's name Hackos (the original person below misspelled it).

The Kent book is not on Amazon, but I did find his web page. He has a
"mailto" link for the book, so I assume it's out of print. The ISBN is
ISBN 0-459-56346-7, if that helps.

Jane Bergen

From: Jane Bergen

> i am currently reading "managing your documentation projects."

A STC member in the Canada West Coast chapter wrote a book on managing
your
documentation projects I found much more useful than Joanne Hacksos's
book:
It's called, "Writing Revisable Manuals: Print and Online" by Duncan Kent.

It's reviewed in the Technical Communication journal Nov 1999.