Dreamweaver CSS Problem

Subject: Dreamweaver CSS Problem
From: "Doane, Beryl" <bdoane -at- filenet -dot- com>
To: 'techwr-l' <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 10:48:08 -0700

One of the writers here is using Dreamweaver 3.0 to create Help files. We
are having a problem with Dreamweaver overwriting part of the CSS file that
is our department standard.

The file is about 370 lines long, as each part of the style definition
starts on its own line for easy scanning. For example:
a:link {
color: #0000FF;
text-decoration: underline;
}

a:visited {
color: #800080;
text-decoration: underline;
}

The problem is that every time, Dreamweaver is taking about 6 comment lines
from the top of the file and moving them near the bottom of the file. It
overwrites the last two definitions, so we keep loosing the definition for
UL and nested UL (UL:UL).

We have tried moving the last two definitions to the middle of the file, and
Dreamweaver agains overwrites the last two definitions in the file. So we
know the problem is not the UL lines themselves.

This same stylesheets works just fine with Homesite and RoboHTML.

So here are my questions:

Is there a limit on file size for CSS? I haven't heard of one, but maybe I
was asleep that day.

Would replacing the line breaks with spaces (thus reducing the number of
lines in the file) fix the problem? (Of course, then I have to maintain 2
versions of the CSS.)

Is there a Dreamweaver patch that recognizes this problem?

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Beryl Doane
Tech Pubs