Re: Technical writers who are also fiction writers

Subject: Re: Technical writers who are also fiction writers
From: "Maggie Secara" <maggiros -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 23:31:59 PDT

I don't know if this means anything, and I seem to have missed the original post, but I just completed my first novel--action historical, set in 1675. I don't see a contradiction here. I do lots of things that aren't related to work.

Maggie Secara

From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 23:09:59 -0500

In our previous episode at 06:49 PM 9/22/00, Bruce Byfield wrote:
Not quite what was asked, but for what it's worth:

For some reason, a lot of science fiction writers have worked as
tech writers at one time or another. Two that come to mind right
away are Gene Wolfe and Philip Jose Farmer.

In the Minneapolis area, Bruce Bethke works as a technical writer, and Joel
Rosenberg started doing technical writing (in addition to his fiction
writing) about a year ago.