RE: Writers are also fiction writers

Subject: RE: Writers are also fiction writers
From: "Sarah Bane" <Sarah -dot- Bane -at- ProphetLine -dot- Com>
To: "TECHWR" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, "Annamaria Profit" <inteltek -at- erols -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 11:10:09 -0500

I haven't seen Tom Clancy's name mentioned in this thread yet, but IIRC I
read somewhere that he is a former (recovering?) technical writer.

Meanwhile, Annamaria offers yet another illustration that graduate study in
literature goes against everything technical writers stand for.

Please note that I am _not_ anti-literature. In fact, I am the proud owner
of 36 semester hours of literature courses beyond the master's degree.
Literature is good for you, but deconstruction will mess up your mind.

> Larry,
>
> This makes perfect sense. I learned it in grad school in
> "Deconstruction"! Everything after the fact is fiction!(amp) So all
> writers (who record histories of "facts") are fiction writers! ; )))
>
> Larry Sanderson wrote:
> >
> > All technical writers are fiction writers. It is inherent in the job.

Sarah Bane
Technical Writer, ProphetLine, Inc.
and Associate Instructor, Westark College
sarah -dot- bane -at- prophetline -dot- com
sbane -at- systema -dot- westark -dot- edu

Opinions expressed are my own and not endorsed by ProphetLine or by Westark.