Re: FrameMaker markers in color?

Subject: Re: FrameMaker markers in color?
From: "Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore+ -at- cmu -dot- edu>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 13:00:02 -0400

jsmith -at- informatica -dot- com wrote:
> Does anybody know whether or not it is possible to make markers in Frame
> appear on screen in color? For example, is it possible to make my cross
> reference markers appear in red, my index markers appear in blue, and my
> user-defined marker "Topic Alias" appear in green?

Well, I don't think it can be done automatically, but you can certainly
create a colored character tag and apply it to the markers to make them
appear in color.

Conceivably, you could save your FM file to MIF and run a script to add
your character tags to the markers.

Bruce Byfield wrote:
> You can if you use IXgen. IXgen includes a tool for displaying
> markers in the body of the text. The displayed markers have their
> own tag, which you can color or format in any way you choose.

Presumably, that's what IXgen is doing, among other things.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans eeyore+ -at- cmu -dot- edu