RE: Writing functional specifications

Subject: RE: Writing functional specifications
From: Karen Field <kfield -at- STELLCOM -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 11:58:08 -0700

John Posada wrote: <<People...wouldn't it easier to type two words
(functional
specifications) into a search engine and receive immediate
gratification by seeing hundreds or thousands of examples, then to
type more words, send it to the list, and wait hours or days for 5%
or less of the number of resources?

If we can't do simple research for ourselves, how can we expect
respect from developers or SME? No wonder they hide when they see us
coming...they're tired of answering the simplest of questions that we
should be able to answer for ourselves. >>

Yeowsa! Slam! John, did you skip your Wheaties this morning?

Actually, I did the browser search thing and came up with way too many
links. Thought I'd go to a bunch of people I know who are exceptionally
multi-talented for some expert advice.

Next time I post, John, please ignore my message. You obviously don't fit
that description.

KMF

P.S. Maybe the developers hide when they see YOU coming. My developers like
working with me because I alleviate their jobs of the dreaded documentation
tasks, and I do it professionally.