RE: Writing functional specifications

Subject: RE: Writing functional specifications
From: "Rock, Megan" <Megan -dot- Rock -at- fanucrobotics -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 14:55:25 -0400

> I think the writer of this message was banking on
> perhaps one of us having at our fingertips a really
> helpful guide or something of that nature.
>
> If you go through a search engine you may or may not
> find the best source. Why not ask a list of experts
> who might have the latest and greatest at their
> fingertips?

I would agree with Anna. I have wasted more time searching and refining my
searches and poking around on the Internet looking for something specific,
only to find that 90 minutes later I still haven't come up with anything
useful.

My department is charged for the time I spend on the Internet, whereas
sending e-mail to Techwr-l is "free." When I posted my question about a
grammar handbook, I had already spent a bit of time looking online. While I
did find tons of grammar handbooks and reference guides at Amazon.com, and
while I did find about 14 listings for grammar and style guides on the
writers who could say, "This is what I have, and I use it all the time.
I've found it to be helpful, and I recommend it to others." And that's just
what I got, to the tune of about two dozen prompt replies that I will be
summarizing shortly for the folks who requested it.

Megan E. Rock
Technical Writer
Product Information
megan -dot- rock -at- fanucrobotics -dot- com

All views expressed are entirely my own and are not necessarily shared by my
friends, co-workers, or employer.