Technical Marketing

Subject: Technical Marketing
From: "John E. Neil" <johnneil63 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 13:08:42 EDT

Please excuse my intrusion on your professional list! I am a Technical Communications student in Toronto and I am seeking information on technical marketing.
I am looking for information on the skills-set of those in this field, the range of output in this field and an idea of what differentiates a technical marketer from a technical writer.
I am also seeking somebody in the Toronto area that I may contact about this field.
I am looking into this field as part of my studies and would like to communicate directly with anyone in this field who can provide me with their professional insight and knowledge.
Also, if anyone knows of any up to date material that I can access (in hard copy or online), I would appreciate your directions to this material.
Thank you for putting up with my intrusion!
John Neil
Seneca College, Toronto
Jeneil -at- learn -dot- senecac -dot- on -dot- ca