RE: From Control Panel or From Start Menu - Informal Survey

Subject: RE: From Control Panel or From Start Menu - Informal Survey
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Tara English-Sweeney <tesweeney -at- novadigm -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 12:56:19 -0700 (PDT)

I'D know where it is, but you aren't writing for ME...you're writing
for the most novice user that could lay their hands on your
instructions.

I'm currently writing a help ap that requires the user to access
commands from the Control Panel, such as in System DSN tab.

I document it as follows:

--------

Start button -> Settings -> Control Panel -> ODBC Data Sources
(32bit) -> System DSN tab -> Local Server -> Configure button.

The Microsoft SQL Server DSN Configuration dialog is displayed.
--------

> I would know where it is. However, I would also be very frustrated
> if I
> didn't know where it was and was just told to access something that
> I couldn't find.

=====
John Posada
Technical Writer