Re: From Control Panel or From Start Menu - Informal Survey

Subject: Re: From Control Panel or From Start Menu - Informal Survey
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore+ -at- cmu -dot- edu>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 13:23:00 -0700 (PDT)

Good idea unless you are writing for online or online help, where you
cannot be certain that they won't come in after the initial
definition, but before the requirement to access the Control Panel.
Then you might consider makikng it a popup or a separate linked page.

> I would write one set of instructions for accessing the Control
> Panel,
> then add one step to the beginning of each set of instructions that
> is
> worded something like, "Access the Control Panel," and is a link to
> the detailed instructions.

=====
John Posada
Technical Writer