Re: FrameMaker markers in color?

Subject: Re: FrameMaker markers in color?
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com>
To: "Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore+ -at- cmu -dot- edu>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 13:58:13 -0700

Ask yourself how often you print in color. We had a desktop publisher who liked to do that. Most of our manuals were in black and white. She drove
me nuts when I printed a book in color. No matter how many of her colored markers I killed, there was always another I didn't find until I printed it in color. Fortunately I found them all before they went to the commercial printer.

Marilynne

At 01:00 PM 9/25/00 -0400, Elliott C. Evans wrote:

jsmith -at- informatica -dot- com wrote:
> Does anybody know whether or not it is possible to make markers in Frame
> appear on screen in color? For example, is it possible to make my cross
> reference markers appear in red, my index markers appear in blue, and my
> user-defined marker "Topic Alias" appear in green?

Well, I don't think it can be done automatically, but you can certainly
create a colored character tag and apply it to the markers to make them
appear in color.

Conceivably, you could save your FM file to MIF and run a script to add
your character tags to the markers.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans eeyore+ -at- cmu -dot- edu

Marilynne Smith
Sr. Technical Writer
QUALCOMM
marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com