Re: FrameMaker markers in color?

Subject: Re: FrameMaker markers in color?
From: "Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore+ -at- cmu -dot- edu>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 19:38:30 -0400

Marilynne Smith wrote:
> At 01:00 PM 9/25/00 -0400, Elliott C. Evans wrote:
> > Well, I don't think it can be done automatically, but you can certainly
> > create a colored character tag and apply it to the markers to make them
> > appear in color.
> Ask yourself how often you print in color. We had a desktop publisher who
> liked to do that. Most of our manuals were in black and white. She drove
> me nuts when I printed a book in color. No matter how many of her colored
> markers I killed, there was always another I didn't find until I printed it
> in color. Fortunately I found them all before they went to the commercial
> printer.

Again, I must clarify my statements. When I said "the markers", I meant the
big, T-shaped markers themselves, not the marked text. I thought that was
what the original poster meant. The markers are non-printing, so it shouldn't
make a bit of difference what color they are on the screen.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans eeyore+ -at- cmu -dot- edu