incorrect color in PDF file

Subject: incorrect color in PDF file
From: ldirosa -at- askari -dot- com (Lucy DiRosa)
To: "'TECHWR-L' (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 16:25:35 -0400

Hi,

I'm trying to create a PDF file from a FrameMaker 5.5.2 file. I print the
Frame file to PostScript, and then I use Acrobat Distiller 4 to create the
PDF file. The file contains several color elements:

-bitmaps of screen captures
-a JPEG of the company logo
-a graphic that I created in FrameMaker, a simple rectangle that I have
filled using a shade of red (Pantone 1797 CVC).

For some reason, when I convert the FrameMaker file to PDF, all colors
remain as they were in the original file, with the exception of the Pantone
color, which turns out grey. I have experimented with changing the Pantone
color to other "standard" colors in the FrameMaker palette, but the
rectangle continues to turn out grey in the PDF file. I am not very familiar
with the details of working with color in Distiller, and I'd appreciate any
hints regarding what may be causing this problem.

FYI, in Distiller, in the Color tab (under Job Options), I have selected
"Leave Color Unchanged."

Thanks very much,
Lucy Di Rosa