Re: Burn Out

Subject: Re: Burn Out
From: Annamaria Profit <inteltek -at- erols -dot- com>
To: Atek Writer <atekwriter30 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 20:38:51 -0400

"Ateck",

Why are you waiting until December? Your environment already offers the
maximum stimulation and it's not enough.

My Best Coping Advice:

I think any clue to coping lies in getting some variation of what you
need NOW! Find some way to get close contact with people...lunch
partners, work sports events, evening gatherings...anything. Creativity
could find its expression in work related courses...those two-day
seminars that come into town and paper your mail box with junk mail, or
association events--meetings, classes, seminars. You could also set up
a speaking service for the local colleges, high schools, professional
associations, or civic organizations on topics related to your
profession. Try making a list of five topics, based on variations of
one paper you've done or can string together from your experience.

Consulting advice says get 3 to 5 different sources of income, so use
that advice to set up your own alternative sources of stimulation,
creativity, challenge, or income! Working on the elements of that plan
could get you through the next two months.

--

Annamaria Profit
E-mail: inteltek -at- erols -dot- com

Celebrate failure! It's a critical element of learning.