writing help from technical specs

Subject: writing help from technical specs
From: "Cayenne Woods" <cwoods -at- purplevoice -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 10:43:15 +0100

The Home page of this site has a funny and accurate piece about trying to keep
on top of what's being done to the software, and mentions writing documentation
from tech specs.

In my current situation, I can't see how this could be done. The specs are very
technical, with no indication of how the various functions are going to be
implemented, and I can't see how I can write anything until I see something.
Fortunately, the folks I work with concur. Also, our software's actual interface
is minimal, much of it's run behind the scenes, which makes it more difficult to
document. And we're looking at some new bits of software and new sections to
existing software, so it's not just changes in how it works. Obviously, the
crunch is going to be on once there's anything to look at.

Do most people get more info than this in technical documents? In my last
position, we had lots of specific information in the specs and the bug database,
and were able to keep fairly current most of the time. I now think we were
lucky....

This communication contains information which is confidential
and may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s). Please note that any distribution, copying
or use of this communication, or the information in it, is strictly
please notify us by email or by telephone (+44 20 8848 6644)
and then delete the email and any copies of it.

This communication is from Purple Voice Ltd., whose principal
office is at Dawley Road, Hayes, Middlesex, England.

checked for the presence of computer viruses.