Re: Importing Illustrator EPS into Word

Subject: Re: Importing Illustrator EPS into Word
From: "Brian Lindgren" <brian_lindgren -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "Arbing, Susan" <Susan -dot- Arbing -at- Cyberplex -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 08:33:17 -0400

If this is something you'll do frequently, I would strongly advise switching
to FrameMaker, for two primary reasons (among many others):

1) Since both FrameMaker and Illustrator are Adobe products, the
compatibility is inherent.
2) Large graphics in Word can shift around if the frame properties are not
set correctly, and applying frame properties in Word is more involved than
it would be in FrameMaker or PageMaker.

If you're not doing this on a regular basis, or if the switch is not
feasible, I would recommend using a format such as GIF or JPG to create
smaller graphics files. The smaller the graphic, the easier it will be to
manage within Word.