Re: Framemaker creating a text box

Subject: Re: Framemaker creating a text box
From: "Brian Lindgren" <brian_lindgren -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "Archimede Ziviello" <archimede -dot- ziviello -at- cannondale -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 09:46:33 -0400

I think the mixing of text and graphics is causing the problem. The
paragraph styles are text-oriented, so paragraph styles would not
necessarily apply to the graphic. From the description you give it sound
almost like a sidebar article (i.e., "chained styles"). The text frames can
be linked with a different flow letter so as not to interact with the main
document, and if you set the graphic in an anchored frame it is simple to
copy and paste the anchored frame wherever it is needed.

If this particular graphic appears in the same spot on the page every time
it is used, it's also possible to create a master page with the graphic
(including the border) embedded, then the text would appear on the body
page.

Lastly, you may want to explore using tables rather than paragraphs to
format the material to which you refer. This will not support the "chained
styles" but depending on the specifics it may work for you.