RE: Burn Out

Subject: RE: Burn Out
From: "Susan Ahrenhold" <sahrenhold -at- winspc -dot- com>
To: "'Atek Writer'" <atekwriter30 -at- hotmail -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 09:56:23 -0400

>>I have been working as a technical writer, in the wonderful world of
>>contracting, for the past four years. Problem: I am burned out (or very
>>close to approaching it).

Take yourself seriously.
I once worked myself past burn-out.
When I woke up in the hospital, and the doctor explained that if I did this
again, I was going to die, I took HIM seriously. I was only 33.
No job is worth this.
Today, I have a home and family. I work far less hours for more money. I
have a full-time job, with colleagues I enjoy. Oh yeah, and friends.

Major danger signs: too tired to eat, too tired to sleep, too tired to care.

As a contractor, you are in charge of your career. You are your most
valuable asset. Manage you well.
Good luck, and take care!