RE: handheld recorders

Subject: RE: handheld recorders
From: Emru Townsend <etownsen -at- Softimage -dot- com>
To: "'techwrl'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 10:17:09 -0400

Minidiscs are cool, but that may be overkill if you don't intend to use them
for anything else. Mind you, the random-access nature of an MD player is
kinda cool -- you could easily excise a section of the recording you don't
need, for instance.

You might also want to look at Olympus digital recorders. I've used the
ES-10 for one or two short interviews, and had no complaints.

Yet another alternative: why not just use a tape recorder? You can get a
Panasonic or a Sony with a good mike for about $60 US, and the media is
cheaper than minidiscs.

Emru Townsend, Information Developer | etownsen -at- softimage -dot- com
Softimage, Inc.
Personal page: http://purpleplanetmedia.com
Recent musings: http://purpleplanetmedia.com/eye