Re: Handheld recorders

Subject: Re: Handheld recorders
From: Ken Bowes <KBowes -at- dacg -dot- com>
To: 'TECHWR-L' <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 09:51:41 -0500

> I am looking into buying a handheld recorder for recording
> conversations
> with developers.
>
> A friend suggested the Sony digital recorder that holds 3 hours ($90)

In one of my past lives, I used to be a private investigator. I purchased a
small tape recorder from Radio Shack, it was only about $40 (Can.). The
built-in mike was incredible and the machine was small enough to be easily
carried in my shirt pocket. It was very reliable also. Tapes are cheap and
plentiful. (Uses the same kind of tapes used in telephone answering
machines).

I have not tried the new mini discs but so long as they are cost effective
they should work also.

Ken Bowes
Technical Writer
DA Consulting Group