Re: Framemaker creating a text box

Subject: Re: Framemaker creating a text box
From: "Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore+ -at- cmu -dot- edu>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 11:14:26 -0400

Archimede Ziviello wrote:
> The goal is to create a text box with a 1pt border and within that a banner
> (at the top) containing a (the same) graphic. I want to use this like a
> paragraph style. Is this possible? I want to use this text box over and
> over again (a style). Within that box I want chained styles. Possible?

I'm not sure exactly what you want, so please forgive me if this suggestion
doesn't help.

You can put your banner in a reference frame (defined as "a frame on a
reference page") and then link this to a paragraph style using the "Frame
Above Pgf" option on the "Advanced" tab of the Paragraph Designer. For
more information on this, look up "reference frames; above and below
paragraphs" in the index.

To have a box with a rule around it, your text will need to appear within
an anchored frame or a single-cell table. I would recommend the table option.

I've created an example of what I'm talking about; it's avaiable via http.

http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~ee0r/examples/warning.fm

That might give you someplace to start experimenting.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans eeyore+ -at- cmu -dot- edu