RE: FrameMaker creating a text box

Subject: RE: FrameMaker creating a text box
From: "walden miller" <wmiller -at- vidiom -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 09:56:47 -0600

I am not exactly certain what you want to do, but I have a few suggestions:

1. The simplest solution is to use a table with a single Heading row cell
that consists of your banner graphic and a single Table body cell that holds
all of your linked paragraphs. You can put the banner on the reference page
so that it is always the same and link it as follows:

a. Create the Graphic Frame on a reference page and give it a name.
b. Insert your banner in the Graphic Frame.
c. Create a paragraph style (table_banner?) that specifies the named graphic
in its Advanced Property, Frame Above.
d. Create a Table Style that specifies the table as you need it (border
size, heading size, cells, etc.).

This solution is pretty cool in that you can universally change the banner
or the table style as you need to.

2. If you want to try and make the entire Frame/Table and paragraphs an
insertable piece from a menu, get yourself the Shareware Plug-in, Auto-Text.
This allows you to create a Table, Framed graphic, and/or text that can be
inserted via menu selection wherever you want.

I hope one of these solutions helps you out...

walden miller
director, engineering services
vidiom systems
boulder, colorado