RE: writing help from technical specs

Subject: RE: writing help from technical specs
From: Pam Mandel <pmandel -at- nimble -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 08:53:01 -0700

We are pretty lucky here, because we've got great senior program management.
We're writing specs now and the senior PM has told everyone that the goal is
give the test team something from which to develop test cases. In addition,
as part of the process, the specs have gone through one of our tech writers
for an editorial check. That's given our team the opportunity to ask a mess
of questions along the lines of "I don't get it" and "that's fine, but what
does it DO?" I've also worked with teams where we've outlined the docs based
on the spec and had the engineers review the outlines - that's worked fine
too. That's a badly written response to your question (sorry, I'm still
waking up) but gives a general idea of our salutation. As I said, I think
we're lucky.
Pam