version control software

Subject: version control software
From: Christopher.Phipps/IQFS -at- iqfinancial -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 13:14:35 -0400

Since there are five of us currently working on online Help, I'm trying to
implement some sort of version control software to the process. I know that
many of my friends have used SourceSafe to good effect, so I've read up on
it and I'm ready to go with it. However, the infrastructure guys are giving
me resistance because they want me to use the same software as others here
(although there are already 2 groups using 2 different kinds). They're
pushing me to use PVCS. Anyone using this in your documentation tasks?
Opinions?

I only get digests, so if you respond to me at
Christopher -dot- Phipps -at- iqfinancial -dot- com, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Chris Phipps