Re: version control software

Subject: Re: version control software
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: Christopher.Phipps/IQFS -at- iqfinancial -dot- com
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 15:36:23 -0700

Christopher.Phipps/IQFS -at- iqfinancial -dot- com wrote:

> Since there are five of us currently working on online Help, I'm trying to
> implement some sort of version control software to the process. I know that
> many of my friends have used SourceSafe to good effect, so I've read up on
> it and I'm ready to go with it. However, the infrastructure guys are giving
> me resistance because they want me to use the same software as others here
> (although there are already 2 groups using 2 different kinds). They're
> pushing me to use PVCS. Anyone using this in your documentation tasks?
> Opinions?

Why not use CVS? It's free, cross-platform, and reasonably easy
to use.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
Contributing Editor, Maximum Linux

"They told me to think and forget what I'd heard
They taught me to lie and then questioned my word
They taught me to fail, better sink than sail,
Just play the game."
-Richard Thompson, "Can't Win"