Maintaining Numbering headings in Word 2000

Subject: Maintaining Numbering headings in Word 2000
From: "Arbing, Susan" <Susan -dot- Arbing -at- Cyberplex -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 08:38:37 -0400

Hi,
I apologize for posting a question to which (I'm sure) there is a simple
answer.

I am working with a document in Word 2000 using the normal template. The
headings in the Normal template are numbered; however, the headings in my
document do not reflect the numbering. When I assign numbering to them, the
numbering is not saved when I save my document.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Susan

Susan Arbing
Technical Writer, Cyberplex, Halifax, NS