Re: Burnout Comes Early

Subject: Re: Burnout Comes Early
From: Annamaria Profit <inteltek -at- erols -dot- com>
To: Raymond Springer <Raymond -dot- Springer -at- hummingbird -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 10:16:44 -0400

Ray,

The truth is, if you're a new kid on the block, you're going to get all
the work most other folks don't want to do. It's a "make your bones",
"paying your dues" thing. And no matter where you work or what you do,
any newcomer is going to do the scut work. That's the law of the work
pecking order. Now the terms of your apprenticeship will vary, based on
your chosen profession, talent, political and work skills, personality,
the level of bureaucracy you've bought into, and fate. But don't think
you're going to get past this apprenticeship role any time soon. So if
you're a fragile sort and easily frightened, it's time to pull up your
shorts and brace yourself. It's going to be a long career! The good
news is that this is character and endurance building. Think of work as
life olympics. Think of life as work olympics. But I'd get yourself a
poster of that beach in Bali, just for the dream value.

--

Annamaria Profit
E-mail: inteltek -at- erols -dot- com

Celebrate failure! It's a critical element of learning.