RE: Burnout Comes Early

Subject: RE: Burnout Comes Early
From: "Lathrop, Sarah" <Sarah-Lathrop -at- forum-financial -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 10:25:26 -0400

Raymond,

It sound to me like you are suffering from new job stress rather than burnout. I know for me that the first two to three months on a new job are difficult. A new job means getting used to new people, new environment, new tools, new business, new technology, new office politics, etc. It can be even harder when you are young and don't have years of working experience to draw from.

I would encourage you to stick with it for a while, learn what you can, get some experience under your belt. Most people don't stay in their first job or even their first company. Many of us on this list started out in other professions and migrated into technical writing, either by chance or choice. You may start in technical writing and stick with it or migrate into something else. It doesn't have to be "endless years of the same" unless you let it be that way.

Sarah