RE: Burn Out

Subject: RE: Burn Out
From: KMcLauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 11:00:59 -0400

Lessee,now:
To stave off the tech-writer burnout, some people go curling...
Well, I guess... I suppose... except for fanatics, golf season
in Canada is probably shorter than curling season, so there's
part of the explanation. Others sit and stare at flames, saying:
"Make me one with everything". Oh, wait, that's the Buddhist
talking to the hotdog vendor.

I suggest skydiving. Go jump out of airplanes a few times,
and burnout fades away. It's been scientifically demonstrated
that you can't hold thoughts of job and job pressures while
in freefall.

This suggestion works especially well for YewEssians, who
have the weather and the year-round facilities. Up here, in
the land of the Canucks, well, there's curling :-) or
skiing... or for some really satisfying relaxation, you
can clothesline some snowmobilers.

Anyway, people around here can usually tell when I've had
a satisfactory week at the dropzone. The good mood lasts
at least until Wednesday, even in deadline weeks.

True fanatics can bring their laptops to the dropzone,
but that does somewhat defeat the purpose.

YMMV

/kevin