Re: Adobe Photoshop Justification

Subject: Re: Adobe Photoshop Justification
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 10:14:02 -0700 (PDT)

Photoshop is an extremely powerful tool that is really more power and features
than you need. You'll spend more time fighting with Photoshop's ideosyncracies
(an Adobe trademark) than just doing useful graphics. I do a lot of graphic
work and have found Paint Shop Pro 6.02 a very worthy competitor to PhotoSlop.
PSP offers all the features I need without as many hoops to jump through. PSP
is also considerably less expensive.

Marketing geeks like to have their PhotoShop so they feel more important.
There is nothing wrong with using this tool, but it is an excessive amount of
power for your garden variety screen shots and image markups.

Andrew Plato

http://im.yahoo.com/