Re: Burn Out

Subject: Re: Burn Out
From: Bob Morrisette <writer1 -at- sabu -dot- EBay -dot- Sun -dot- COM>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 10:24:00 -0700 (PDT)

I've been a technical writer/editor/manager since 1978.
After reading horror stories like the man who has worked
70 hours a week for 5 years, I realize how lucky I have been.

No one should work over 40 hours a week unless there is
a good reason. If you have good management, there should
not be many good reasons. Of course, if you are with a
start-up and can make a million this does not apply.

I'm a type B person and stay calm while the type A people
run around constantly in panic mode.

When I get annoyed with things I take a few days off and
contemplate the ocean.

Most burn out is in the mind. Detach yourself from your work
once in a while and look at things from the outside. You might
find something to laugh at.

Spend more time with family and friends.

Relax, you only live once.

Bob Morrisette
writer -at- computer -dot- org