Humor in technical writing

Subject: Humor in technical writing
From: "baotong.gu.1" <gubaoton -at- purdue -dot- edu>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 13:50:12 -0500 (EST)

Hi, Techwhirlers,

I've been a lurker on this list for a while and have learned a great deal
from all of you, to say the least. I have a favor to ask, and I hope you
guys will be again helpful as you have always been.

My colleague and I are exploring the issue of using humor in technical
writing. We're looking for real-life examples of using humor in the
tech. writing workplace, instances in which either humor works to enhance
communication or works to the opposite effect. If you have a story to
share that's related to humor in tech writing, I'd greatly appreciate
it. You can email me either on or off list.

Many thanks in advance!

Gu (Eastern Washington University)