Developing CBT courses

Subject: Developing CBT courses
From: Valerie Hazel <vhazel -at- booksys -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 09:10:50 -0500

I am charged with the task of designing Computer Based Training classes for our software products and I could use any advice that anyone has to offer. What software is best to use? I've been investigating some Macromedia products, but I have had some trouble running the trial versions of Dreamweaver and Authorware and I've gotten no help from their tech support staff. Does anyone have anything positive or negative to say about Macromedia products for developing CBT classes? What about other software packages? Can anyone suggest some reading materials that might be useful in the development process? Any other related advice or personal experiences on what I can expect over the course of this project would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Valerie Hazel
Technical Writing Manager
Book Systems, Inc.