RE: Burnout

Subject: RE: Burnout
From: mariposa <mariposa625 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 15:15:03 -0700 (PDT)

If I understood correctly - it sounds like it is his
first job out of college. (Forgive me if that is not
the case and I misunderstood)

I think we often feel that way about our first jobs
out of college-regardless of the field/job. For me it
was because my view of what the working world would be
like after college and the reality were vastly
different. With time I began to see how it was and I
got used to it. Let's face it - a lot of life is
pretty boring. Marriages are boring. Jobs are boring.
I had to get accustomed to how the working world was.

Part of it was that that field wasnt' for me
(accounting and finance) and also I was in the South
and I am more of a back east or west sorta-person - so
I relocated to CA and I am much happier.

I really love tech writing - at least for now. One day
I might burn out with this too.

Anna

=====
When written in Chinese, the word 'crisis'
is composed of two characters ~
one represents danger...
and the other represents opportunity.

~ John F. Kennedy ~